Security First Bank offers many fraud protection options for customers to keep their information safe. It’s important to remember to never give personal information to a stranger who contacts you by telephone, email, or other electronic means. This includes your bank account information, online banking credentials, Social Security number, and credit or debit card numbers. Explore our options to see how we can help keep you protected.
EZshield Identity Crime Protection
Security First Bank recognizes the emotional and financial stress identity theft can have upon you and your family. Your safety and security are important, including protecting your personal and financial information.
That’s why Security First Bank can provide you with top-rated identity theft protection powered by Sontiq, a TransUnion company’s, EZShield platform – a recognized leader in identity theft protection and resolution services. Please contact your local branch if you think your information could be at risk to obtain the EZShield code.
This service includes:
- Identity restoration and recovery
- Credit Bureau monitoring
- Dark web monitoring
- Identity theft insurance*
*Identity theft insurance from Sontiq’s EZshield platform is not a deposit, not FDIC insured, not insured by any federal government agency, not guaranteed by the bank, and may go down in value.
Control your Security First Bank debit card with our mobile app! Card Controls allows you to control how, when, and where your debit card is used. It is a simple and secure way to manage and monitor your payment transaction activity and help keep your debit cards safe.
- Turn your debit card on/off
- Control when and where your debit card can be used
- Receive instant real-time transaction alerts
How to enable Card Controls:
All Security First Bank mobile app users will automatically have this feature available within the mobile app.
- Log in to your mobile app and select More and then select Card Controls.
- A list of your available debit cards will be displayed. Click each card you wish to control and select Enable card for use.
- You will be able to select and control your debit card use by Location, Transaction and Merchant Type and Threshold Amount.
How to enable Card Control Alerts:
- After you have enabled your Card Controls, to enable Alerts for your debit card transactions, select More, then Alerts.
- A list of your available debit cards will show. Select each debit card you wish to enable Alerts for. You will have the ability to chose your alerts based on Merchants, Transactions and Threshold Amounts.
Stay in Control: With Account Alerts, you can receive custom alerts by text message or email to help you monitor your accounts, based on what’s important to you. Account Alerts can also help you identify unusual activity sooner, which can reduce the impact of potential identity theft or fraud.
- Daily Balance
- Loan Balance
- Loan Payment Received
- Loan Payment Due
- Overdrawn Account
- Past Due Payment
- Rate Change on Loan
- Low Balance
- High Balance
- Withdrawal Transactions
- Deposit Transactions (excludes ACH)
- ACH Electronic Deposit
- ACH Electronic Withdrawal
- ATM Withdrawal
- Card Money Transfer
- Debit Card Charge
- Returned Deposit
- Insufficient Funds (NFS) Today
- Address Update
- Phone Number Update
- Email Address Update
How To Enroll in Account Alerts:
- You must enroll in Online Banking to sign up for Account Alerts. Enroll in Online Banking >
- Log in to Online Banking and click the More button on the navigation bar and then select Customer Service.
- Select Alerts.
- Select the account you wish to receive alerts for and select the desired alerts for that account.
Test Your Knowledge
Think you can outsmart a scammer? Test your scam IQ with the American Bankers Association’s BanksNeverAskThat Quiz.