Checking accounts offer safety and convenience for day-to-day money management. It’s important to manage your account wisely to avoid costly fees. We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
Security First Bank charges a $30 Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF) Item Paid Fee each time you overdraw your account via check, debit card, automatic payment or ATM withdrawal. The NSF Item Paid Fee will not apply to an item that overdraws the account by $25 or less. Security First Bank also charges a $30 NSF Item Returned Fee for each debit item that is returned. We may charge you NSF fees for each resubmission of a debit or re-presentation of an item, which means you may incur multiple non-sufficient funds fees if a debit or item is returned more than one time, but no more than three fees per day. The total fees you can be charged for overdrawing your account on any given day is $90. If overdrafts are not taken care of within 30 calendar days, a $35 Continuous Overdraft Fee is charged.
These fees can be avoided by managing your account so that you do not overdraw. We encourage you to view our available tools and services that can help prevent overdrafts. For answers to any questions regarding overdrafts or other account issues, please visit or call your local Security First Bank, or call 877-747-3139. You may also send us a message by using the Contact Us form.
Ways to manage your account:
- Use Online Banking – View transactions, current balances, transfer funds, schedule recurring transfers, view check images, pay bills, set alerts and more.
- Use our Mobile App – Access your accounts on the go. View up-to-date balances, pay bills, transfer funds, and make deposits. You must be enrolled in Online Banking to use Mobile.
- Call ExpressLine – Our free 24-hour phone banking service that lets you check your account balances, transfer funds and much more. To use ExpressLine, call 1-800-326-1380. You will need your account number and your Telebank ID. For questions regarding your Telebank ID, please call your local branch.
- Set up Account Alerts – You can receive notifications via email or text messages when specific activity occurs in any of your accounts such as Low Balance and Insufficient Funds (NFS).
- Use our ATMs – Check your account balance or transfer funds at any one of our Security First Bank ATMs.
- Use a Check Register – Keep track of all money you deposit and withdraw with the check register that comes with your check blanks. Every time you write a check or use your debit card, make a notation in the check register.
- Automatic Transfer Service – To prevent overdrafts or to maintain a specific minimum balance in your checking account, your local Security First Bank representative can set up account monitoring that will automatically transfer money from your savings to your checking account, if your checking account falls below a set amount.
- First Line of Credit – Provides convenient overdraft protection. Funds automatically advance into your checking account when the balance falls below zero. First Line features a fixed annual percentage rate. To apply, contact your local branch.
- Home Equity Line of Credit – A Home Equity Line of Credit can cover unexpected expenses that may cause your account to overdraw. Competitive interest rates and convenient terms make Home Equity Lines of Credit a smart choice for some customers. To apply, contact your local branch.
When you use your ATM/Debit card for purchases or withdrawals, the bank may only allow you to overdraw your account and charge a fee if you have granted us permission to do so. That permission is called “opting in” to overdraft services.
To avoid overdrawing your account and incurring fees as a result of ATM/Debit card use, you may “opt out” of overdraft services at any time. If you have opted out and attempt to make a purchase with your debit card that will overdraw your account, the transaction will be denied.
If you have previously opted in, you may change and opt out at any time. To opt out of overdraft services for your account, please call or visit your local Security First Bank or call 877-747-3139.