Overdraft fees are expensive. These fees can be avoided by managing your account so that you do not overdraw.
Ways to manage your account:
- Use a check register – Keep track of all money you deposit and withdraw with the check register that comes with your check blanks.
- Call ExpressLine – Our free 24-hour phone banking service that lets you check your account balances, transfer funds and much more. To use ExpressLine, call 1-800-326-1380.
- Use Online Banking – View transactions, current balances, transfer funds, view check images, pay bills, set alerts and more.
- Use our mobile and iPad apps – Access your accounts on the go. View up-to-date balances and pending activity, pay bills, transfer funds, and make deposits.
- Set up Account Alerts – You can receive notifications via email or text messages when specific activity occurs in any of your accounts.
- Use our ATMs – Check your account balance or transfer funds at any one of our Security First Bank ATMs.
- Automatic Transfers – To prevent overdrafts, you can set up a one-time or recurring transfer from other accounts to manage your checking account. You will have to pay a $2.00 fee for each transfer.
- First Line of Credit- First Line of Credit – Provides convenient overdraft protection. Funds automatically advance into your checking account when the balance falls below zero. To apply, contact your local branch.
- Home Equity Line of Credit – A Home Equity Line of Credit can cover unexpected expenses that may cause your account to overdraw. Competitive interest rates and convenient terms make Home Equity Lines of Credit a smart choice for some customers.
When you use your ATM/Debit card for purchases or withdrawals, the bank may only allow you to overdraw your account and charge a fee if you have granted us permission to do so. That permission is called “opting in” to overdraft services.
To avoid overdrawing your account and incurring fees as a result of ATM/Debit card use, you may “opt out” of overdraft services at any time. If you have opted out and attempt to make a purchase with your debit card that will overdraw your account, the transaction will be denied.
If you have previously opted in, you may change and opt out at any time. To opt out of overdraft services for your account, please call or visit your local Security First Bank.